LED Based Air Disinfection
Current’s 365DisInFx™ LPU Series provides germicidal ultraviolet (UVC) light for continuous disinfection in occupied spaces.
- First UL-Certified direct LED UVC luminaire for occupied spaces
- Compact size allows integration into the existing ceiling infrastructure for ceiling heights between 8.5’ and 11’
- Distributed UVC to cover approx. 50 ft2 at typical mounting height of 10’
- Easy installation
- Visual indicators provide function status
- Simple operation without need for controls
- Comply with IEC 62471 – Photobiological Safety of Lamps and Lamp Systems standards and American Conference of Governmental Industrial
- Hygienists (ACGIH®) TLVs® guidelines when installed as directed.
Benefits & Test Results
GE Current, a Daintree company, has completed in-situation testing of its 365DisInFx™ UVC disinfection technology LPU series devices utilizing the aerosolized virus, bacteriophage MS2.
This benchmark testing with the bacteriophage MS2 resulted in 88% inactivation of the aerosolized virus in a 10-by-10-by-8-foot room within 4 hours. Applying the test results to 24-hour continuous operation of the 365DisInFx™ LPU would result in 44% inactivation of bacteriophage MS2 in 2 hours.
Bacteriophage MS2 is a nonenveloped virus that is commonly used as a surrogate for viruses that are pathogenic to humans. It is particularly useful as a surrogate because published scientific testing and literature supports that bacteriophage MS2 is more resistant to UVC than certain enveloped viruses such as coronaviruses and influenza.
Based on photobiological science and mathematical modeling, Current anticipates equivalent or better results for seasonal coronaviruses and SARS-CoV-2. When properly installed and configured for the space, continuous operation of the 365DisInFx™ LPU should provide 50% inactivation in the first hour of exposure, 90% inactivation (1 log) in 3 hours or less of exposure, and 99% inactivation (2 log) in 6 hours or less of exposure. Current continues to conduct additional confirmatory testing.
Make an Informed Decision:
- UV radiation can pose a risk of personal injury. Overexposure can result in damage to eyes and bare skin. To reduce risk of overexposure, equipment must be installed in accordance with manufacturer’s site planning and application recommendations, including minimum ceiling height restrictions.
- UV solutions are intended for common high traffic spaces and not recommended for dwellings or home use.
- Installation of the devices should be performed by qualified professionals as detailed in Current’s installation guide.
- To allow for occupancy during use, Current products comply with IEC 62471 – Photobiological Safety of Lamps and Lamp Systems standards and American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH®) TLVs® guidelines when installed as directed.
- Current’s UV products are meant to be used in conjunction with other protective measures like manual cleaning and the use of proper PPE. They are not a substitute for other measures.
- Current products are not intended for use as a medical device.
- If combining two or more UV solutions, whether from GE Current, a Daintree company and/or other manufacturers, please consult a trained product application representative to ensure the total irradiance (UV dose) does not exceed recommended human exposure limits. To the extent UV solutions are combined, it may impact inactivation rates.
LED & Optical Assembly
- Green = Circuit board powered on
- Red (Flash) = Overcurrent error
- Yellow = UVC LED powered on
UVC LED: ~255nm nominal peak wavelength
Input Voltage: 120/277V
System Power Factor (PF): TBD
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): TBD
Power Pack PN: BZ-50/BZ-50RC (Legrand)
Ratings & Evaluations
Operating Temperature: -20ºC to +25ºC
Storage Temperature: -40ºC to 70ºC
Surge Protection: ANSI C82.77 Compliant
Safety: UL Listed
Environmental: Compliant with material restrictions of RoHS
Construction & Finish
Housing: Polycarbonate: Makrolon 2407, UV resistive
Weight: ~0.5 lbs.
Design Life & Warranty
Life: One (1) year life (further life testing ongoing)
Standard Mounting: Drywall/J-box direct screw
T-Grid Clips: Provided with “LT” option
Wiring Access: ½" trade-size KOs on back side
Accessories & Options
Contact your GE Current, a Daintree company, sales representative for available options. For more information and access to all of our resources, including our design tools, visit: www.gecurrent.com.
Bathrooms, Food Processing Facilities, Gym Locker Rooms, Hospitals, Commercial Offices, Retail, Entrances and Lobbies.
5" diameter x 1.2" height
For layout requests, contact your local Current sales representative. Sales and agents can submit application design requests through E*Light or Salesforce opportunities.